What Fast Food Places Accept Ebt in Texas
What Fast Food Places Accept EBT in Texas?
As the need for accessible food options increases, more fast food restaurants are accepting Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) in Texas. EBT is a government assistance program that provides food benefits to low-income individuals and families. While fast food establishments have historically been excluded from accepting EBT, certain exceptions have been made in recent years to accommodate individuals who may not have access to a kitchen or are experiencing homelessness. Here are some fast food places in Texas that accept EBT:
1. Subway: Many Subway locations in Texas accept EBT as part of a pilot program initiated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
2. Taco Bell: Some Taco Bell restaurants in Texas have been approved to accept EBT, providing affordable options for those in need.
3. Carl’s Jr.: Certain Carl’s Jr. locations in Texas have also been authorized to accept EBT payments.
4. Church’s Chicken: Some Church’s Chicken locations in Texas are part of the EBT pilot program, allowing customers to use their benefits for meals.
5. Papa Murphy’s: Although Papa Murphy’s is a take-and-bake pizza chain, some locations in Texas allow customers to use their EBT cards to purchase their products.
6. Jack in the Box: A few Jack in the Box locations in Texas have been approved to accept EBT, offering affordable fast food options to those in need.
7. El Pollo Loco: Some El Pollo Loco restaurants in Texas accept EBT payments, providing an alternative to traditional fast food options.
1. Can I use my EBT card for any food item at these fast food places?
No, EBT can only be used to purchase eligible food items as defined by the USDA.
2. Are all locations of these fast food chains accepting EBT in Texas?
No, only select locations of these fast food chains have been approved to accept EBT.
3. Can I use my EBT card at other fast food places in Texas?
Currently, only the aforementioned fast food places are approved to accept EBT in Texas.
4. Can I use my EBT card for delivery or online orders?
No, EBT benefits can only be used for in-person transactions at approved locations.
5. What is the EBT pilot program?
The EBT pilot program is an initiative by the USDA to test the feasibility of allowing EBT benefits to be used at select fast food restaurants.
6. How do I find out which fast food places near me accept EBT?
You can check the USDA’s website or contact your local Department of Health and Human Services office for a list of approved locations.
7. Is there a limit on how much I can spend using EBT at fast food places?
Yes, EBT benefits have a daily spending limit, which varies depending on your household size and income.